Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I feel so conflicted when people complement my body.

I (29 F, 5'3") got married almost 2 years ago, and after cleaning up my diet and exercising regularly I managed to go from the upper 190's to about 160 lbs before the wedding. It was slow and steady, and I gained and lost the same 15 lbs for a while. I've been keeping an eye on my calories and activity, and I've maintained at about 165 lbs for most of this year.

I had been losing weight, but I found out that I was pregnant in February, and decided to just maintain without gaining too much weight during the pregnancy. Then in March I had a miscarriage. I stopped caring about my health and weight and comfort ate. A lot. I've been eating better for the last few months since, and my family keeps complimenting my body and telling me how thin I look. "You're so skinny!"

I feel really weird about it, because I'm at about the same weight I've been for quite a while, and there's a good chance that I could be pregnant again (It is intentional). I just don't know how to react when my family complements my weight loss when it... isn't happening, and probably won't be happening again for a while. Like, "Thanks?" But on the back of my mind I know that I'll probably just be gaining weight in the next year because, well, BABY. It's still important to me not to gain too much weight during the pregnancy, but I don't feel like I can come out to my family about this in case I have another miscarriage.

Sorry for rambling. Is there anyone out there who can sympathize? Advice? Words of comfort?

submitted by /u/dysthymicpixie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lhrEaC

No comments:

Post a Comment