Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I’m down 80 pounds in 9 months!

So this year started out with me being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My starting weight was 404 pounds.

In March, I was told by doctors that I ranked an 11-12 on the A1C scale and was at risk of DKA. This was pretty scary to hear. My confidence in myself is probably higher than most so up to this point, my weight was never something that really bothered me. But something about being told by a doctor that you could potentially die, can really set things straight for you.

With a lot of help from my wife, I instantly cut out almost all carbs and sugar. My meals were less than 50 carbs and I cut out sugary and unhealthy drinks. After just a month I was able to get my A1C to normal levels and keep it there. I’ve since gone back in for a checkup and my levels all came back normal, though my cholesterol was a tad high.

Once spring hit and the golf courses opened after COVID, I was at the range or on the course almost every day. I love golf and use it as my way to exercise and could not be happier with the results.

As of this morning, I’m now down 80 pounds since January!

I’ve picked up an in home golf simulator so that I can stay active over winter. My first target weight loss goal is 100 by November. My second would be 160. I am hoping to hit that 160 by this time next year or earlier!

TLDR: SW 404. CW: 324. Lost the weight with diet change and lots of golf.

submitted by /u/goginprobe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FUvAhb

No comments:

Post a Comment