Monday, August 30, 2021

About how long does losing water weight last?

I’m on my twentieth day of counting calories, and it remains pretty fun. I’m also enjoying losing weight, and every pound of water weight lost right now is just one less actually difficult pound of fat I need to lose… but seeing this kind of loss is a little disconcerting. I’ve been assured that it’s fine since it’s mostly water weight, and that so long as I’m not eating too little and messing up my metabolism there’s nothing to worry about… but I’m just not the biggest fan of how this water is choosing to leave my body.

It’s strangely hard to find information on this, I guess because most topics involving weight loss come back to someone trying to make money in one way or another. Most sources said you could expect to lose water weight in the first week, while one that I can no longer find said losing twenty pounds in the first month isn’t all that strange.

Is there a way to at least roughly estimate how much water weight you’re holding onto relative to body weight, or how long it should take to burn through excess glycogen? Does anyone here remember how long it took them to lose water weight and start seeing more steady, less bonkers losses?

submitted by /u/Chesu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3n0ScQX

No comments:

Post a Comment