Monday, August 30, 2021

Trying again

This is my first reddit post. I been struggling with 2 different EDs on and off for about 6 years. I had a huge success over quarantine where I lost 80lbs from 270lbs to 190lbs (my lowest bw)in a relatively healthy fashion. I got really into fitness and self improvement and really thought I was going to change my lifestyle for good. I began focusing more on my body composition rather than the number on the scale. I decided to stop tracking my calories so closely as it is time consuming and also exhausting. I became a little more lax on my diet and slowly but surely I fell into old habits again, specifically binging. I know I could physically do the work because I proved it to myself this past year, but I have so much trouble overcoming the mental aspect of weight loss, which people never realize how much more difficult that part is. I enjoy the gym, but it’s really hard when I battle this urge at night. I’m back to 215lbs and my body composition has deteriorated quite a bit. I don’t like looking at myself in the mirror anymore. I been fighting myself, by myself, for quite a long time. I ws hoping someone could recommend a male support group of men possibly going through the same shit I am, or just on their weight loss journey. It’s hard to find men who are willing and open to talk about issues like this. I think it’d work wonders for me in order to get back on track, to have a group that can share some similar stories. If no one knows about a group like this, I’d love to start one if there are other people out there struggling right now.

submitted by /u/Unfair_Opening6094
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WCvsM8

No comments:

Post a Comment