Friday, August 27, 2021

I've struggled with my weight, I finally caved and talked to my doctor

So I've always struggled with my weight, I'm a large man. At my heaviest I was 365 LBs I slowly worked that down to 290 lbs over a year and I worked myself up to 338 over a 7-8 month period. I am still actually depressed so no change in that area. But I decided I would talk to my doctor to see if I can take a medical approach to weight loss.

Well after talking to him he prescribed me weight loss medication (This is not medication you buy over the counter, YOU MUST go through a doctor)

Now he also took into account my other medication I take and so forth and he gave me several pills

  • A caffeine pill, honestly this thing is WAY BETTER then coffee, or chugging energy drinks. I take one pill and I'm active for the whole day not feeling tired or anything
  • A pill that makes me fill fuller soon from a meal, I take this 30 minutes before every meal. It works, I'm the type of guy that finishes every bit and after goes for second. Often times I don't even finish all my food + I never go for seconds
  • Another pill reduces my appetite
  • Another bill that helps stop fat absorption

Now this solution is not something you do without a doctor, example one of those pills can cause issues with your heart. Before I began this treatment I had to have a full physical done that included several checks on my heart, apparently my heart is really strong. Also I go back to the doctor every 2 weeks and my vitals are monitored.

But results talk right?

  • I started at 338 on the 2nd
  • I am currently at 321 on the 28th

17 lbs. in 26 days is massive. Well the doctor did say my weight loss will tamper off as I progress through the treatment he expects me to lose about 10-12 lbs a month.

To give you an example of how good this stuff is

This morning at 7 AM I took my pills, at 7:30 I had my breakfast which was one banana. Its almost 11 and I still feel full I'll probably grab lunch around 2, dinner around 7 or 8. Before a single banana would not be able to keep me full this long. I'm typically staying at around 1,650-1,800 calories a day and feeling full doing that too. That is well below where I need to be.

submitted by /u/PGLiberal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sTTMVl

No comments:

Post a Comment