Thursday, August 26, 2021

Weight Loss Journey: 30 Pounds Down

I went to the doctor’s office on June 24th after the past year of losing my mother, aunt, and several other family members due to cancer and Covid. I stepped on the scale and it said 299. After the doctor started talking about weight loss surgery and drastic measures to curb my gaining weight it really shook me to my core.

I went and bought an Apple Watch the next day while out at dinner with my husband. We spoke about a plan:

Workout at least 30 minutes a day. Portion control via the cups diet.

The Apple Watch has kept me on top of it because it tracks and it really motivates me to “close my rings” so I started going to the gym every single morning, even when we travel.

I usually just walk on the treadmill with no less than 3% incline at 2.8-3.0 miles per hour. And when I eat I try to be healthier, but I eat two cups of food (in a bowl that is that size, and set a timer for an hour, if I want more after an hour I can have 1 cup more and that’s it, but I usually don’t)

Well, today, August 26th I weighed in, like I do every Thursday, and I weighed in at 269.1 pounds. Officially past the 30 pound mark.

I still have a long way to go, but I’m on my way, and that’s what counts.

Weight loss is difficult. It’s something you have to think about, at least for me, constantly. And, this is the worst part, it is slow. It’s hard to notice the changes. It’s not an instant gratification situation. But you’re worth it, and you deserve to feel better physically and mentally.

submitted by /u/Le_Frogge
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mARlG9

No comments:

Post a Comment