Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My Weight Loss has slowed down a lot, debating staying the course or lowering my deficit more.

Hey guys! So I just want some input because my Weight Loss has slowed down a lot, but it's probably slowed down to a "healthy" level, which is way I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go down hard again.

Originally, I weighed 325 pounds (5'9, Male, 24), and on February 10th, I decided to make the change to start taking better care of my health. I instantly cut out Soda, and made sure I only ate "real food", and tracked my calories intensely. I still ate out as regularly as I did before, just stopped eating 400 calories worth of Soda with each meal, stopped using 500 calories worth of Ranch and Fry-sauce with each meal, and ordered enough food to be "full" but not engorge myself. Old meals used to look like, Large Double Quarter Pounder Meal, Soda and a refill, and a Hot n Spicy and Double Cheeseburger, plus tons of Ranch. I moved over to just eating the Double Quarter Pounder with Fries and only ketchup. This worked really well for me, and I think I finally beat my bad relationship with food and think in a healthy manner about food and eating.

My weight lost, in 6 months, has looked like this.

February 10th - 325 lbs

March 10th - 304.4 lbs

April 7th - 288.8 lbs

May 5th - 277.2 lbs

June 5th - 265.6 lbs

June 30th - 258.2 lbs

This point on, I signed up for the gym and started doing 25 minutes of cycling, and 25 minutes of weights 3-4 times a week, and my weight loss started slowing down.

July 28th - 250.6 lbs

August 25th - 244 lbs

At the start, I was trying to eat only around 1,500 calories a day. Because of my work, I walk over 10,000 steps and 5+ miles a day, so I would eat back my "walking" calories and usually eat about 1,800 calories a day.

Once I started going to the gym, I decided to also eat back most of my exercise calories, which I would use my Apple Watch's "Active Calories" as guidance. Usually I burn about 400-500 calories a work out at the gym, so I bumped my calories per day at around 2,300 now total. Still my goal of 1,500 + my walking/exercise calories eaten back.

I know losing about 2 pounds a week is a "healthy" amount, and I'm losing either that or a little under that since going to the gym. But it does feel a little sad to be making slower progress. It was nice stepping on the scale and losing about 10+ pounds every 4 week period. Made the journey feel more rewarding. Now every time I weigh myself it just goes down so slow I start to worry if I'm even making any real progress.

I know I'm losing fat, and doing it right and the "recommended" way now. It's also nice eating a little more food and having more leeway, but I genuinely wasn't struggling when I was only eating about ,1800 calories total. It was maintainable and manageable, for me, but also, I know it wasn't "healthy". Building muscle and becoming fit while also losing the fat is better, I know that.

Now that my 4 week period is over, I'm debating going more restrictive and not eating back my exercise calories, and trying to "best of both worlds" my approach. Eat like before while also adding the gym, but don't want to harm my body/over do it.

Just looking for input, thanks!

Progress pictures -

https://imgur.com/a/8NHEV27

submitted by /u/SpeedyBlueDude
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XZ0gHi

No comments:

Post a Comment