Thursday, August 26, 2021

Got under 60 kg for the first time since I was 13 years old

Hi, a long time lurker here. I (F24) decided to finally make a post now that I have achieved my goal.

Ever since childhood I have been a little bit chubby with wide shoulders and hips and thighs, and even though I was never exactly overweight I was in the upper end of the healthy BMI range and sure looked like I could lose some of that weight. Throughout my teenage years I weighed around 60-65 kg, which felt like a lot to me since I'm 165 cm tall, and I struggled a lot with disordered eating and wanting to be skinny like all the other girls in my class. Then I started university and got the classic freshman weight gain which got me around 70 kg, and then a bad break up led to comfort eating and sedentary lifestyle which resulted in my weight going up to 80 kg. I was actually overweight for the first time in my life, and I still don't get how I didn't see it sooner. My clothes still fit even though they felt tighter and my friends didn't say anything, so I was in denial and thought that I had gained only a few kg. Even the mirror didn't make me believe that I had gained that much weight, because the weight gain had been so gradual that I had got used to it and thought that I had always looked like this.

When I finally got on a scale in March 2020 and saw it stop at 82 kg I had a little meltdown and decided that I can't go on like anymore and that I definitely need to lose weight. I have been on diets countless times and never got any results, so this time I knew I needed to do something that would really stick. So instead of strict restricting and countless hours of exercise I started doing little changes like eating smaller portions and drinking less soda, and over the months I lost weight slowly but surely for the first time in my life. In December 2020 I weighed 65 kg which had been my original goal but then I thought that why stop here? I had finally found something that worked so why not try to reach 60 kg? Well, as of today I weighed 59.8 kg, which is the lowest weight I have been since I was 13. My weight loss has been slow this year and I've mostly maintained this summer because I have been eating out a lot and drinking, so it feels incredible to have reached this goal. I can't wait for the next week when lectures start again and I get to show people what post-pandemic me looks like. The only thing that I regret is that I have no pictures of me when I weighed 80 kg so I can't compare how I look, but oh well. I'm just so happy to be in a body that I actually like being in.

submitted by /u/anyena
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BhRZfI

No comments:

Post a Comment