Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Do I have to eat ~100g of protein everyday while on a deficit?

Let me start by saying that I generally don't really count calories. I find it boring. All I did was switching to healthier food that I enjoy and I figured that would be enough for weight loss. I also go running about 3-4 times a week.

I've been doing this for a bit more than a month now and I've been losing about 0.8-0.9kg per week, however it occured to me that I'm probably not getting enough protein and I might be losing some muscle.
I used an online calculator to find my TDEE and maintenance protein intake and it was around 2500 calories with 190g of protein.

190g of protein? Is this for real? I get that this is for maintenance but even getting to 100g feels impossible. I eat meat like twice a week at best cause I don't enjoy it that much.

For reference what I typically eat is an oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter for breakfast, a vegetable dish or pasta with feta cheese for lunch and a fruit salad for dinner.

This adds up to about 40g of protein on non-meat days and about 80g of protein on meat days.
I don't see any way to get to 100g of protein sort of eating eggs/cheese/meat on every dish and other things like nuts and seeds are very high in calories and not really appropriate for a diet in high quantities.

Do I have to eat that much protein? Will I lose muscle if I don't?

submitted by /u/StopGivingMePork
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38e6qoU

No comments:

Post a Comment