Monday, August 30, 2021

What keeps you motivated when you need a push?

Motivation can be one of the hardest things to find, and I'm curious what you all do for motivation.

Stress has always been tough for me to deal with. I used to have a very physically active job, so I never really worried about what or when I was eating. If I was stressed at work, it was because I was working really hard, and in a weird way it felt good. Chances were I was going to need those calories, and they would get burned off eventually.

2 years ago I started a new job. It's so much better in every way, but I am not nearly as active every day as I used to be. I compensate this with exercise. I like riding my bicycle, I go for walks after work, hiking, tennis, lots of activities keep me active and my heart healthy.

My achilles' heel is stress. I eat when I'm stressed. I try to fight it off, but stress often gets the best of me. Eating has been one of my ways of self medicating.

Today I got home after a really good day. I felt good about what I ate, I feel good about what I accomplished at work, and I feel like if I keep up some good momentum I can reach my weight loss goal.

I know that sooner or later I will have a hard day, and fall into eating my stress. It's going to be hard for me to stay motivated after a tough or long day. There aren't many things that comfort me like food does, which makes it hard to find motivation.

I'm curious how you all stay motivated. After a tough day, what do you think of to give yourself that push?

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

submitted by /u/chip008
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UYMfYT

No comments:

Post a Comment