Thursday, August 26, 2021

I’m proud of myself and proud of you too!

Hey all, I’m new to this community and loving it so far! It’s a very positive environment and I feel so accepted <3 I wanted to make a quick post today because I wanted someone to know that I’m proud of myself today. Lol weird… i know. But ever since I was a kid I was bullied in school for being too thin, I never really cared about how I looked as a kid so didn’t see it, but I was very active and a sports representative in cross country and dance. Growing up, I felt weird, embarrassed. So I forced myself to eat a lot more and started gaining weight. In the last 4 years I’ve gained the most I’ve ever weighed. I’m (24F 168cm ) 63kg now and it’s only a size medium, but I’m getting sly/joking comments again by people around me, for being “overweight”. It just seems like people always have something to say for some reason. But I digress. I want to lose weight and drop down to 53kg again so that I can feel confident again in my body. So I can wear whatever I want again. So I can feel healthy and happy.

Anyway, I’ve been on my fitness journey for five days now and its so hard to stay motivated during a full lockdown. Today I checked the scales and saw I weighed more than when I’d started, so discouraged, I spent the day in bed, eating, ordering in pizza and drinking wine. But at the end of the night I knew I wanted to do better, to be better. So I got out there, got on the elliptical and burned roughly 450 calories. Is it enough to stay under my daily TDEE? Heck no. But HOT DAMN am I proud of myself anyway. I’m slowly but surely learning that weight loss IS a journey. It’s not a straight line from point A to point B, but rather a curly, wavy, twisty line, and its okay to not be perfect, as long as you’re making progress, you good fam.

So I guess at the end of the day I’m trying to say that I’m proud of myself and I’m proud of all of you too, because we’re all out here trying to do better and be better each and every day <3

submitted by /u/SleepySundayFeels
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38eLKge

No comments:

Post a Comment