Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Update: 41m SW: 347 CW: 258 GW: 199 (started January 2021)

So I’m approaching the 8 month mark and 90lbs. I’m also finally entering into a divorce (I’ve posted once previously a few months back). I feel great, I’m looking forward now past the divorce and not a mess, and I’ve learned a lot about my eating habits along the way. I’ve been thinking a lot about whether to expect fat loss to slow since I’m not going to go below 1500 cals.

There are days I get down because at the gym I want to look like “the other guys”. I’m lifting heavy like thenm, sometimes even heavier, but I’m guessing it’s gonna take a few more months to get to where I really look like a fit version of me.

I stopped eating out, except for subway 6” chicken strips on wheat which has been a god send. Small slice turkey sandwiches, apples and dry oatmeal are my other staple foods at home, with the occasional home cooked lean dinner.

I also took a few weeks where my wife had returned home and increased to my maintenance calories, mostly because she is such a detriment to my diet, but also because I’m trying to think long term about how I eat.

In the past couple months I’ve also started hiking, sometimes even jogging uphill on the trail. I do an hour a day on average at a fast pace.

I believe in September I will hit the 100lb weight loss mark based on my current rate of loss and because the wife is now longer living at home where she complicates up my days.

I’m curious what to expect in terms of slow down in fat loss because I also am down to that 1500 calorie mark the lose it app recommends not going below. I’ve thought about alternating 1200 and 1500 calorie days as I really want to be as close to 200 and in more normal size clothes by the end end of the year as possible (or by the conclusion of my divorce lol). So far I’ve been using the 1000 cal per day deficit as a goal.

I appreciate any tips/advice on how to approach this final phase. I know I can’t expect continue to lose at the same rate I have been. I’ll be very happy to get into 2xl clothes for fall and hopefully some XL clothes by winter. The lose it app projected next April I’d be at 199 and daily it suggests end of January to early February when I mark a day complete (I have the paid version so I think that’s a “feature”).

Thanks in advance for you encouragement and wisdom!

submitted by /u/thisismynext_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DvRaSG

No comments:

Post a Comment