Tuesday, August 31, 2021

I lost 55 pounds after Warren Buffett’s partner gave me the secret to weight loss

I’m convinced that to achieve success you are better off focusing on what not to do and what’s going to make you fail than what’s going to make you successful.

The favorite sayings of Warren Buffett’s partner Charlie Munger (a personal hero of mine) are “Invert, always Invert” and “All I want to know is where I’m going to die, so I’ll never go there”

Basically it means figure out what you don’t want or what is going to make you fail and work backwards.

That’s what I did to lose 55 pounds since the end of October.

I’m now down 75 pounds total and at my lowest weight since I graduated high school 7 years ago.

I figured out that the reason I was unable to stay with any weight loss plan for 7 years were the natural scale fluctuations and stalls.

I’d get started losing weight and then the scale would stall or fluctuate and I’d get discouraged and give up.

That’s why it took me almost two years to lose 20 pounds.

So I took Charlie’s advice and for 10 months I removed the scale from my life completely.

I counted every calorie and each week I’d determine my estimated weight by subtracting how many calories I ate that week from my BMR. Then I tracked that number in my Lose It! app.

When I weighed myself last week it was accurate within a pound.

submitted by /u/thesonofnarcs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DCbbqS

No comments:

Post a Comment