Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Update, first month

Hello again everyone, I'm back with an update. While it might not be super interesting to most of the members of this wonderful community, it will help me stay motivated on my weight loss journey. 🙂

About a month and a half ago I wrote my first post here after my grandmother suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. (First post here.) It prompted me to make a lifestyle change, and for the most part I've stuck to the plan I laid out during the first couple of days. Unfortunately, my grandmother didn't make it, and she passed away peacefully on Saturday morning surrounded by her family. My eating wasn't great for a few days surrounding her death, but I've kept counting calories (often rough estimates during those days) and going for short walks every evening and now I'm back on track again.

In 40 days I've lost almost 6 kg (13 lbs), and 4 cm (1.5 in ) around my waist by eating between 1200-1800 calories a day on most days. My walks are very short, 15-20 minutes, so while they don't contribute much to weight loss they get me out and moving which is a good start.

So now I've just got to keep going. On Monday I start university for the first time, which will either make it easier or harder to stay on track. On the one hand I'll be out of the house for 10+ hours most days, so I won't be able to graze, but on the other hand it will probably trigger the urge to buy and eat junk while I'm out. We'll see what happens. It will at least get me moving a lot more as there's a short walk to and from the train on both sides of the commute, and getting around campus to different lecture halls is bound to rack up some steps. There's a huge gym not far from campus as well, which might be interesting in the future.

Anyways, thank you guys for always inspiring me to do and be better, and thanks for all the support! Feel free to add me on MFP as well!

Day 40:

  • 27F
  • Location: SWE
  • Height: 5'7" / 169 cm
  • SW: 250lbs / 113.4kg
  • CW: 237lbs / 107.5kg
  • GW: 140lbs / 63kg
submitted by /u/Bauerist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jcBLOO

No comments:

Post a Comment