Friday, August 27, 2021

I’ve lost 13 lbs so far! :)

Hi everyone! The title says it all, but I felt proud of myself for the weight I’ve lost and wanted to share it with someone. I haven’t told anyone in my life about my attempt to lose weight because I get embarrassed. I am a female who just turned 25 last month and started my weight loss journey on 7/28/21, about a week after my birthday due to an ongoing existential crisis and realizing I can’t go another year like this because my weight has been getting in the way of me enjoying my 20’s. I gained about 140 lbs in the year and a half after I graduated high school due to some very traumatic events and losses that led to me finding comfort in food/binging. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder when I was 19 (around the time I reached my highest weight). I’ve been logging my food on MyFitnessPal (eating about 1600 calories/day), going to the gym 3 times a week, and doing intermittent fasting, which was recommended by my doctor. I have had some days where it’s been hard and I slip into overeating because I’m an emotional eater trying to overcome bad habits I’ve had for 6 years. I’m currently searching for a therapist that can help me with my binge eating and to confront the events that led to me finding comfort in food. Some goals I have include reaching a weight of about 130 lbs and I’m going for a strong, athletic body type.

For anyone who has successfully lost weight, I would be super grateful if you could offer advice about staying on track, avoiding loose skin as much as possible, and anything else you would like to share!

SW: 312.2 lbs (7/28/21) CW: 298.6 lbs (8/27/21) GW: 130 lbs

TLDR; I lost 13 lbs and wanted to share. Looking for advice for staying on track and avoiding loose skin as much as possible.

submitted by /u/catsplusdogs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kvBKoH

No comments:

Post a Comment