Friday, August 27, 2021

Lose weight during recovery and study? How?

Stats: 77kg, 169cm, M. 5’7, 169lb. Goals: 68-70kg, 149-154lb

Hi all, I was hospitalised earlier this year for two months for Bipolar, and gained 8kg(18lb) in hospital over 2 months. Now I want to lose the weight. I’ve tried MyFitnessPal which gave me a budget of 1500cal daily which was too little for me. I kept restricting and bingeing on Oreos, peanut butter, anything in the house. I tried Weight Watchers app and I couldn’t stick to it - too restrictive. 2 points left for dinner meant 2 eggs was my entire dinner. I ended up bingeing during that app too. I’ve been reading into intuitive eating but I doubt I’ll lose any weight on it. My psychologist told me to remove my scales and I’ve hidden them because I was weighing myself every day and when it went down I was happy, but if it went up 2 pounds in 1 day I was so depressed and angry the whole day at myself.

Secondly, I’m trying to currently study a masters full time and I need the energy to study and focus. I was getting headaches and couldn’t concentrate on anything when I was trying to stay under 1500 calories. Bits of my hair were falling out in the shower too, and I’ve been getting constipated for days on end.

One thing that has worked for me is to walk 5km (3 miles) a day, came around 350 calories on my Apple Watch. Haven’t noticed any weight loss from it yet, but it has improved my mood throughout the day.

So, first Reddit post, how do I lose weight without getting stuck in the restrict and binge cycle. I know I need to be in a calorie deficit, but I need energy to focus on my study as well.

PS: Gyms are currently closed in my country.

submitted by /u/jamesjuly98
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WxHtCk

No comments:

Post a Comment