Tuesday, August 31, 2021

My mom told me it may be too late for me to lose weight

At 175lbs I'm officially bigger than I've ever been. I've lost weight in the past using the CICO method. Man, I don't know how I did it, looking back. It was end of 2017 and in 1.5 years I was skinner than I've ever been.

But then I had a massive anxiety attack due to some personal circumstances. Someone very close to me died suddenly and tragically. And the world went Topsy turvy in 2020. Needless to say I turned to food to cope.

I don't know, it could have been because I showed her a video of a family member of mine who is trying to be a budding influencer. She looks like a doll. Unlike me whose short and fat she's tall and skinny. But my mom has been picking on me more than usual. At every body part.

And then finally let night she said if I don't start losing weight now I'll never be able to do it. I'll get to the point of no return. Soon I'm getting a fat bump on my back. Soon I'll never be able to run back and lose weight.

The thing is, I know I've lost weight in the past. I want to this time, but because of my health problems it's hard to exercise right now. And because of my emotions and anxieties and all the trauma from the past few years it's hard for me to let go of eating as a coping method.

I just hate being compared to others but most importantly I hate feeling helpless. And now I'm about to embark on a brand new path in my life and I'm just scared I won't be able to handle the stress and will turn to food.

Is there really a time when it's too late for someone? And how can I get started on my weight loss journey when there's so much to deal with?

submitted by /u/ShawnandAngela
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BqqvEX

No comments:

Post a Comment