Saturday, August 28, 2021

Am I destined to fail?

Hoping this doesn't come off as some pathetic cry for help situation, but here it goes.

I've been struggling with weight loss and binge eating nearly my entire life, I'm 36 now and it goes back to late elementary school for me. I'm not obese technically, borderline (205 lbs, 5'9" woman). I feel the minute I'm getting somewhere with CICO then I spiral out of control with my binge eating issues. I did Noom last year, started doing well, then found myself binging uncontrollably worse than ever.

Reading up on binge eating, some sources are saying it has to do with disordered eating and "diet culture" as our brains will always win the battle to resist the weight loss, and the best anyone with binge eating episodes can do is to learn to love themselves the way they are. It all stares as well that 95% of people who lose weight gain it all back PLUS extra. They go off about "health at every size" which is something I can't support because there is a direct correlation with obesity and health issues leading to a high mortality rate (for instance, last month I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic). I may also sound shallow and I apologize if I offend anyone with this, but I can't learn to love my fat, I think it's horribly unattractive and all I've ever dreamt about is being thin and fit.

What kind of tips and advice could you give? Am I doomed to be fat forever? Should I just come to terms with it? Any of you been in my shoes with success stories to share? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Mockzee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WBJvBq

No comments:

Post a Comment