Thursday, August 26, 2021

Good news about exercise to assist in weight loss

We all know that the #1 factor in weight loss is controlling our intake of food. And most of us have experienced an increase in appetite to a certain extent when starting to work out. The good news, though, is that there is a ceiling to how much more people tend to eat when they exercise, and that increasing exercise to double the current recommendation can help you overcome that math.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/well/move/to-lose-weight-with-exercise-aim-for-300-minutes-a-week.html

TL;DR: People tend to compensate for exercise to the tune of about 1,000 kcal/week, whether they were exercising for 150 or 300 minutes total; that means that the 300-minutes people were actually accomplishing fat loss through assistance from exercise.

I have increased my activity a LOT over the past two months and I have found these results to track with my own. I have increased my overall calories, but not enough to negate my deficit. I can manage an hour/day on average of running, swimming, walking, and kayaking (those 10-minute lunch walks count!) and find that it is helping my body composition, mood, weight, and apetite management.

Anyone else increase their exercise to this level and notice good effects? Anyone inspired to increase their own?

submitted by /u/Laundrybasketball
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mAlmWB

No comments:

Post a Comment