Tuesday, August 24, 2021

E-bikes: are they good for weight loss?

So I've been shopping for a new bike for awhile. I have an old hybrid that's basically a road bike, as I've discovered to my chagrin when I try and take it to even the smoothest dirt trails. But that's where I want to ride: around here, the trails are gorgeous (if hilly) and the roads are dangerous.

Recently I went on a hike on a trail that's open to bikes, and I swear, more than half of the cyclists that passed us were on electric mountain bikes.

I've rented e-bikes in the past and they were a lot of fun, but I'm trying to get a serious workout from my cycling.

It occurs to me that on one hand, you're obviously putting in less effort per mile with an e-bike, but on the other, they let you tackle hilly trails you might not otherwise have the endurance for, and the fun factor probably makes it easier to get out on the trail in the first place.

What do you all think?

submitted by /u/SrslyNotAnAltGuys
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jbLPI4

No comments:

Post a Comment