Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tell me your story - what’s your “why”?

Over the years working in the fitness industry I’ve learned that motivation, wether it be intrinsic or extrinsic, is key in a lifestyle change. Your “why” is what keeps you going and give you a reason to push forward when things get tough. I want to know why you are here. What got you motivated and excited for weight loss? Is it a pair of jeans? Perhaps a photo of yourself from a few years back? Did your doctor encourage this? What is keeping you going?

I’ll go first..

My why is my son. I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 11 weeks ago. When I was growing up I was taught that foods were “good” or “bad” and that there are certain foods I should fear. I’ve since learned through macro counting and flexible dieting that this is not the case at all and that you can eat all foods in moderation so I want to get healthy and improve my relationship with food (no more binge eating), so that my son can see a good example and hopefully not have to deal with the negative thoughts I had around food while I was growing up. I’m doing this so I can be better for him.

So there’s mine, it’s your turn. What’s your “why”?

submitted by /u/bravoalphagolf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B7NvZd

No comments:

Post a Comment