Monday, August 30, 2021

Discouraging when the scale just keeps going up

A few years ago I did a weight loss journey that lasted about a year and I dropped 15kg (33lbs). I maintained that for about 2 years but as is the case with so many others, the pandemic killed my streak. I’m now up 7kg (15lbs) and strapped in to my MyFitnessPal-mode, aiming for the sustainable but slow progress. I’m hitting anywhere around 1350-1500 kcal a day with some mild exercise at the gym, not so much that I’ll tire myself out while getting used to the caloric deficiency but enough to keep me sane and all that. I’ve only been going on for 4 weeks but I’m so extremely discouraged by that stupid scale. I weight myself every morning to get some kind of median over the week so far it hasn’t moved much in any way, but today my weight was 2kg OVER my starting weight and I’m so, so tired. Fatigued, actually. I’m so fed up at being deficit, at restraining myself, at not getting to eat nice things or feeling satisfied. All I can feel now is that I just want to give up, be fat, not care anymore. I know that I need to be in this for the long haul, keep at it when it’s hard, take one day and one hour at the time but I’m just. So. Tired. I just want a big plate of comfort food and stuff my face with candy.

submitted by /u/Fiiko
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gL6HV3

No comments:

Post a Comment