Tuesday, August 24, 2021

M38 6'0" Highest recorded weight ever: 286lbs SW260lbs. (Feb of 2020) CW 170lbs.

M38 6'0" Highest recorded weight ever: 286lbs SW260lbs. (Feb of 2020) CW 170lbs.

I have always struggled with my weight. I now weigh less than I did when I was 15 years old. I feel like I have defeated a lifelong nemesis. Losing weight was impossible... until it wasn't.

I had convinced myself of every excuse imaginable. I ate processed garbage and pseudo food look alikes. I listened to the lies that the big food companies spread out there. I listened to the false information from the food pyramid. It wasn't until I started reading and listening about how the human body actually metabolizes food that I made progress.

Everything in life is better. Truly everything. I feel better. I move better. My breathing is better. My seasonal allergies are better. I'm more flexible. My only regret is how long I took to get my act together.

Losing the weight has been the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life. But, it is truly worth it and nothing tastes good enough to make me ever go back.

How I did it:

-OMAD: it took me a bit to wean down to one meal a day, but it truly makes things easier. If I do eat lunch, I feel hungrier the rest of the day.

-MyFitnessPal: It's so incredibly important to log food. I had always heard this but, for whatever reason, not done it.

-Severely limit carbs and processed food: I haven't been perfect, but the goal is less than 20g of carbs a day.

-Consistency, consistency, consistency

Honesty with myself: This is truly the most important thing. You can always find a way to cheat, but you're only cheating yourself. If I eat something and don't log it, I'm only lying to myself.

-Air Fryer: Most days, I put chicken, steak, whatever meat in the air fryer. It's simple, fast and the fatty meat is delicious!

YouTube: There are many incredible speakers on YouTube regarding weight loss, keto, fasting and how the human body works. Knowledge truly is power. Some of my favorites are:

Dr. Jason Fung

Dr. Ken Berry

Dr. Robert Lustig

Butter Bob Briggs

Dr. Pradip Jamnadas

The food companies and the pharma companies want us fat, sick and uniformed. The best weapon we have in the fight against obesity is knowledge.

https://imgur.com/a/ta9WTTU

submitted by /u/DanPendley1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B5mQw4

No comments:

Post a Comment