Sunday, August 29, 2021

NSV - my ring flew off my finger!

This is my second attempt posting because the auto-mod asked for more detail. So, to give a quick background: My weight loss journey has had some ups and downs, because I struggle with binge eating and then taking drastic measures to counteract that. But most of the time, I’m restricting successfully and well under my calorie limit. Over the summer, I’ve been doing extended fasts as well (up to 3 days or so, and aiming for longer)! I also exercise via strength training 3-4 days a week and doing HIIT cardio on the other days, with 2 days of active rest (I do yoga or stretching on rest days).

On to my non-scale victory: A week ago, my boyfriend gave me a ring - no, not an engagement ring! Just a cute one as a gift, and I wear it on my index finger. At the time, it fit perfectly, almost snugly. I really love it. Since that day, I’ve continued to eat healthily and exercise intensely, and of course stay hydrated.

Today, I went out with a friend and we walked to the beach. Since I live in a pretty heavily-wooded area, there were plenty of mosquitos around. I was waving my hand to swag them away and all of a sudden, my ring flew off my index finger! It landed and rolled for a couple feet, and I scrambled to go pick it up. There was this huge rush of joy because if my fingers are getting slimmer, it’s just another non-scale indication that my behaviour is working. In the past couple days, I had noticed the ring had felt like it was looser, but today truly was an unexpected and delightful surprise. Just wanted to share this NSV with the community!

submitted by /u/finally_real_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jqeYiL

No comments:

Post a Comment