Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Changed Diet, increased work out, daily calorie deficit, 0 weight loss. Need some help/advice to either point me in the right path or ease my mind.

For starters, I'm not Obese or heavily overweight

38 Year old male

I'm 5'7 and started at 162lbs but I was looking to lose about 10-15 pounds mainly because i'm and very very very insecure about my stomache/midsection and my brain over-emphasizes how people must think im some kind of a freak because I have a belly.

so I was looking to get to a cruising weight of about 150.

I know for a lot of people here that doesn't seem like much but I've struggled with light body dysmorphia for most of my life (even when I had a runners frame at 135lbs when I was in the Army I only saw myself as fat)

I was at 150 about 2 years ago and I didn't feel like I was a sideshow and i actually felt confident with myself (for the first time in my life that I can remember)

I injured my back which kept me out of the gym then covid and now I bumped back between 160 and 165 squarely in my brains "nobody can ever love you" range.

I took a proactive approach basically saying "Fix it or stop complaining" and I got back to the gym at the end of July.

So far I've done the following to help:

  • Changed my diet - According to Fitbit I usually have anywhere between a 300-800 DAILY calorie deficit. This is intentional because my goal was losing body fat. I've transitioned to better calories and more protein. I still cheat some but not to excess.
  • Exercise - I get to the gym about 5/6 days per week for about 1hr of strength training doing a slightly modified PPL strength routine and if i have any energy left I walk on the treadmill for about 20 mins. My watch says I burn anywhere between 300-500 calories per session but I don't really take that as canon and more use it as a guideline.
  • Lots more water - Nuff said. I drink tons more water now

I did pretty much this exact process before and weight slopped off my body like melting snow.

I've done all this for about a month now. I have gained a pound. I went from 162 my first day. Weighed daily. Bounced between 160-162 since I started and today's weight was 163. In my head I'm doing everything I should be doing with no progress toward my goal.

I need to know what i'm missing as far as losing the actual weight because it appears that the laws of thermodynamics are suspended in my body cavity or is the weight just transitioning from fat to muscle because of the strength training?

It's so hard for me to judge my progress NOT based on weight because of my dysmorphia issues that I really just need either guidance or reassurance at this point.

Anyway thanks for reading. Good luck everyone on your own journeys.

submitted by /u/Backpacks_Got_Jets
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Dk5zB9

No comments:

Post a Comment