Monday, October 11, 2021

40M, 6'2, was 300 lbs in July 283 now

I'm a bigger dude and had a health scare back in July. Thankfully everything was okay but made me realize I was drinking too much and not taking care of myself at all.

I quit drinking cold turkey, started working harder at cutting out fast food and junk food, restarted Couch to 5K and weight training. My wife got a Peloton for herself and I started using that too.

Back in July my weight was at a high of 301, now I'm 283. My goal is reaching 200 lbs by next August; I haven't been that weight since I was 18.

Anyway it's less about the weight loss for me than being healthier and having better odds for outcomes in the future... Both my parents became disabled in their 40s because of chronic illness that was made worse by them not taking care of themselves and I really, really, really don't want that happening to me.

submitted by /u/streetsoflosangeles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ayTw5L

No comments:

Post a Comment