Thursday, October 7, 2021

Am I approaching my diet correctly?

I found a solid workout routine online, now I am looking deeper into the nutrient side of things. I am 6'3 / 220lb / and around 25% body fat (guesstimate). The diet that is associated with the program I found has the macro approach of 40% protein / 40% carbohydrates / 20% fats. Now, I downloaded the myfitnesspal app, I want to be at least 195lb and I set the loose weight function to 2lb a week. According to the app, I can consume no more than 1580 calories in order to achieve the weekly weight loss.

So with the "sample diet" associated with the workout routine, it looks like I would be eating 6 meals a day, 3 main meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) & 2 snack meals in between (protein shake/granola bar/ banana). Now, just doing BASIC google search estimates I would be consuming around 2400 - 2700 calories a day, consuming around 240gr of protein ( I forgot the carb/fats). With all that said, should I aim to hit the 40/40/20 with hopefully around 2100-2300 calories and then just implement a cardio routine daily to burn 1000 calories in order to reach the myfitnesspal caloric intake limit to be on track to lose 2lb a week? Is this approach logical or am I missing something?

submitted by /u/Cascibal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3agwzo8

No comments:

Post a Comment