Friday, October 1, 2021

Are plateaus inevitable or a sign you need to change tactics?

I'm down 30 pounds since April, halfway to my goal weight of a healthy BMI, no longer obese but merely overweight, and I've been plateaued since the middle of August. I eat "below maintenance" every almost single day, ducking up to maintenance once a week because doing 1200 or 1500 got me plateaued previously.

I got this far with a mix of intermittent fasting and calorie counting. I'm at my lowest weight ever, my old college aspirational jeans are loose on me now, so that's great.

But I need to loose another 30 pounds to get to a healthy weight, I've still got a lot of stomach fat, and this is my THIRD PLATEAU. Weight training isn't an option for the time being due to covid and money. I hate aerobics/bodyweight home workouts and can't force myself to do them regularly, definitely not on fast days, which would be best, but when I have exercised it does literally nothing, regardless of how long or hard I go, so I doubt that's the problem. No, I do not add calories back for exercise, I know that everything overcounts.

I've been thinking about trying keto, fasting every other day instead of a couple days per week or eating daily but dropping down to 800 or 900 for non-"cheat days" of eating at maintenance, since 1200 is obviously too much at this point (I'm only five six, my BMR is 1500 so there's not a lot of daylight between that and 1200) and I can't actually find any real reason why 1200 is the magic number, especially for regular and small women rather than quarterbacks. I'm so tired of this; everything just stops working for no apparent reason and I am apparently not capable of consistent weight loss.

submitted by /u/Devilish-Snowball
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39ZmdIR

No comments:

Post a Comment