Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Can you eat like a “normal person” and maintain weight loss? (180>125 lbs)

I am currently 135 pounds and extremely proud of myself because I’m starting to feel like I might have finally broke my 140 plateau which felt impossible for…years. But maybe I shouldn’t speak to soon because this weight has been pretty hard to maintain. I think I’m at 2 months?

I am 5’7 the heaviest I have ever been is 180 the lightest is 117. I got down to 117 from 160 10 YA but was way too obsessive and had to quit dieting and ended up getting up to 180 (briefly) within 3 years. I plateaued at 155 for a few years and at 140.

At 130-135, I’m burning half the calories I was at 145. Weight loss is really hard at this point. I have this dream of getting down to 125 and never having to worry if a pair of jeans will fit ever again but can I maintain it? Maybe not.

If you’ve maintained a similar BMI after similar weight loss please let me know so I can feel better. I will not starve myself to be 125 but I want to know if it’s possible.

I recently read an article saying that people usually can only maintain weight loss if they eat far fewer calories than another person their size who hasn’t lost a significant amount of weight. As in…someone who has always been 125 might be able to maintain on 1800 but I’d have to eat ~less~.

I’ve always suspected this, but then again, I lost 30 pounds and was able to maintain 140 without too much difficulty. Probably ate 2000+ calories a day.

Sorry if I’m babbling, I would really, really love to know if anyone has been able to maintain a goal weight after weight loss without starving. And if so, do you feel like you are still eating at a calorie deficit? Or less than a “normal person”?

submitted by /u/lavadance
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/302rZYN

No comments:

Post a Comment