Monday, October 18, 2021

Coming Back From Weight Regain After 170lb Weight Loss

Hi everyone.

Years after I thought was the end of my weight loss journey, I am struggling once again with the feeling of being out of control. 5 years ago I set out to finally get a grip of my weight issues and self-loathing when I topped the scale at 350lbs. The journey was long but I stuck to it, using a combination of alternate day fasting and calorie counting to arrive at my lowest weight (180lbs) 3 years later. For reference, I'm a 5'11, big boned female.

Unfortunately, my cravings and obsessions with food skyrocketed when I lost the weight and it's been a upward slope (weight-wise) ever since. The pandemic didn't help matters either. I have regained quite a bit at the moment (I sit at 250 pounds now) fighting back with all I know about food and nutrition - portion control, calorie counting, healthy and mindful eating. You name it, I've done it...but the urge to just overeat or binge is overwhelming.

I am stumped with my absolute lack of willpower compared to years ago when the process seemed easier to bear. it's like I just can't diet anymore at this point.

At the same time I just can't simply go back to where I started at 350 pounds (or even worse). I know that I have to stop and reverse this trend while I still can.

I would like to replies from anyone who has ever been where I am now (i.e. extreme weight loss, struggles, regain) but ultimately turned the tide. How did you come out of this funk? I'm talking about dealing with food cravings and taming the urge to overeat for pleasure, as someone who was morbidly obese.

submitted by /u/Summereve1018
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nabyBt

No comments:

Post a Comment