Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Do you guys think that calling ourselves big or heavy is being dishonest to ourselves?

You always see posts everywhere where people say “i’m a bigger person” or “i’m on the heavier side” as opposed to saying “I’m fat”. Do you guys think it’s being dishonest to yourself? I don’t know about others but what helped me was just honestly realizing that I was fat and obese and not just “healthy” (as my parents kept calling it) or “big boned” (a la Cartman). Back then I didn't realize how fat I actually was because people around me just called me a healthier kid or a bigger kid. That caused me to be a bit delusional for decades. What woke me up was when I saw myself in the mirror one time and realized how disgustingly fat I actually was and not just "big". I think it's part of the mental aspect of weight loss. I found it important to be truly honest with myself even if it hurt. It's even helping me to not go past a certain weight because I don't want to physically see myself as fat anymore. I feel like being honest with ourselves helps more when it comes to our journey. The mental aspect of it is the hardest part.

Maybe people who are susceptible to emotional eating prefer to not call themselves fat because it kinda stings and they become depressed and then binge eat again? Maybe my perspective is just wrong but I would like to understand your view on it. I am still 10kg away from my goal weight and still consider myself fat.

submitted by /u/SirHovaOfBrooklyn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30mR54N

No comments:

Post a Comment