Sunday, October 10, 2021

Feeling like I'm conquering my emotional eating finally and it's making such a difference

I've always been an emotional eater. Food was my best friend. Ate myself to obesity and insulin resistance, no problem. Breaking that habit has been something I've struggled with for a long time, but I finally feeling like I'm making mental progress! I've lost 35 lbs, and feel like this has been the most crucial part of that. I cannot overstate how important it is to work on your emotions and feelings and thought processes around eating, as well as just coming up with a diet.

I couldn't stick to any diets before, because I didn't want to. I just wanted to eat. I had to make myself understand that it's okay, it's normal to want to eat when I'm stressed out or just generally feeling my feelings, but that I need to find different coping mechanisms, and I need to not see food as my go-to comfort blanket. It's not easy, for sure, there's been a lot of introspection, but if the results of that are going to be my weight loss actually working, I'm willing to do it!

submitted by /u/rosiecellist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oQH8q7

No comments:

Post a Comment