Sunday, October 10, 2021

I am going to be flying soon for the first time in my life. I am still on my weight loss journey and super nervous about flying and fitting in the seats.

Just a super awkward question all around. At my highest weight I was near 500 pounds. I am now about 300 pounds. I have been super proud of myself and am showing no signs of slowing down. But now is coming time where I am going to be traveling. I cannot afford first class so I am going to be flying basic economy. I am flying united and it seems the seat sizes across my flights are going to be about 17 inches. From measuring some seats around here and there I have found some chairs that seem to be 17 inches which I fit into just fine. But I still can't shake the nervous feeling. I am also fairly tall at 6'0. My aunt and my sister got me nervous as they said they barely fit in the seats and they are both average weight for their heights.

I figured this would be the best place to post because a lot of people can be rude in other places and just say "buy a second seat fatty" or something and obviously I don't have money to just throw around to buy a second seat. This trip is important to me for a few reasons without going into personal details so it's not something I can just not do as well.

I am more than confident I will be fine with the seatbelt with the extender which I know all airlines offer I am just afraid of fitting in the seat. I am likely overthinking it but I figured I would post here.

submitted by /u/away9292
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YGw0S0

No comments:

Post a Comment