Monday, October 4, 2021

Finding motivation after taking a four month break.

Anyone else struggle to find motivation after taking a break?

I started CICO the week before Christmas last year, and was able to stick with it very consistently up until May, with only a handful of days going over my caloric limit. It seemed so easy back then, I was able to get through different holidays and gatherings with ease. The endless candy and baked goods at work didn’t phase me. I could care less about the candy filled stocking I got at Christmas. I felt in control.

I had set a 40 pound weight loss goal to hit by September, but I hit it in May. I made the foolish decision to eat at maintenance for a month before getting back to it to lose the final 15 pounds. It’s October now, and eating at maintenance has gone out the window, and tracking never happens. I can guarantee I am eating 500-1500 calories above my maintenance at this time. Coworkers are commenting “if I ate like you, I would be double my size” and it’s making me feel like shit cause they don’t know the half of it, I’m literally on my way to being obese again. I’ve tried multiple times this summer to get back on track and start weighing my foods and entering them into an app, but keep giving up after a few days. The same five pounds keep going up and down on the scale. I don’t know if my motivation is gone now that I am in a healthy weight range, and no longer feel like people treat me different for being the “big girl” in the group. I don’t feel this tremendous pressure to get my weight under control nor do I feel the same level of self hatred. I just know if I don’t get back on track, I’ll gain everything back, and I’m feeling completely hopeless to it. I don’t feel like I’m in control, and it’s giving me major anxiety.

Hoping there is someone here who can relate and share how they have been able to find motivation again.

submitted by /u/jennafromearth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a8Vqds

No comments:

Post a Comment