Tuesday, October 5, 2021

First step towards change!

29F, 5'3", SW: 170 lbs, CW:158, GW: 130

I've been working on my weight loss for a bit, nothing drastic and I'm in a bit of a plateau but no biggie, I'm doing the slow and steady thing. BMI is currently 28, and while flawed, gives a general idea of where I'm at: not wildly unhealthy, but I still definitely have room for improvement.

But the BIG news is that my husband (34) had his appointment with his doctor and is being referred to a dietician and also an exercise person and it sounds like he's going to start working on things. He is fitter than I am, pretty muscle-y from his work (heavy duty mechanic), but his BMI is right around 40 so clearly not at the healthiest weight. He has a big beer belly (though not beer, mostly burgers, fries, Coke, and chips.) I've been HOPING that he would finally start tackling this so that his health and the way he feels improves. I love him tremendously, and it is not at all about appearances, but I want to grow old with him and not have him limited in what he can do with our kids because he's too tired or his joints are all worn out at 40. Thankfully, his blood work didn't show anything too serious, a bit of fatty liver disease, cholesterol is fine, no diabetes. So if he decides to make some changes and stick with it, with my help, he should be able to see some decent results and not have preventable health issues haunt him.

I'm hoping he'll agree to try an ADHD med at some point, as I think a lot of his eating can stem from that, but baby steps :)

submitted by /u/concentrated-amazing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YovQOE

No comments:

Post a Comment