Tuesday, October 19, 2021

First time trying to lose weight!

I (30F) have always been relatively healthy and in a "healthy" weight range. However, with anxiety, depression and now the never-ending pandemic, I went from 125lbs and long-distance running to 150 and being out of breath walking up the stairs. This weight gain initially happened in 2018 and I just haven't been able to shed it through my normal lifestyle. My health/weight philosophy had always just been "eat well (vegan, mostly plant-based) and exercise somewhat regularly." But now that I've had this extra 25 pounds for 3 years, I'm realizing it's not going away with my current level of efforts.

I've also had elevated blood pressure (130s - 140s over 70s - 80s) for 3 years, so I am feeling the need to really care about this weight loss and get back to 125 for the sake of my long-term heart health.

Personally, I am opposed to counting calories, because it is too time-consuming for me with all the ingredients I use in my meals. I make a ton of meals at home, but I don't follow recipes. I just throw veggies in a pan and wing it to make curries, chilis, stir fries, etc. Counting calories in the fitness tracker apps is something that adds to my stress / anxiety. It has me using my phone too often and not being present; I've tried in the past, and it's not something I personally can do consistently.

1) So....other than counting calories, can you all give a newbie some tips?

2) Also, I would like to know what a realistic time frame would be for me to lose these 25 pounds?

3) Any tips on actually following through with workout plans long-term? I sometimes get in a funk where I am tired or stressed, and then I'll stop working out for a week or two at a time.

submitted by /u/bonniemcmurrayy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AWgwq4

No comments:

Post a Comment