Wednesday, October 13, 2021

How difficult is losing weight and how much of it is mental?

I want to first congratulate everyone that has been able to make changes in their life that make them happier! Bravo!

I've been lucky to have a body type and disposition that doesn't gain much weight. I will typically need to remind myself to eat so that I don't lose muscle when I am working out a lot.

However, I would like to support those in my life that struggle with weight and am unsure how to best do that.

On the one hand, I want them to be happy with who they are and I would never want them to be ashamed of their body. If weight is primarily determined by genetics, I want to accept them for who they are and just forget any hope that they would be happier otherwise.

On the other hand, I feel like everyone leads a better life when they are in decent shape. Even though weight isn't an issue for me, I feel so much better, positive, and energetic when I'm working out and eating healthy. And I appreciate my friends who support me in maintaining positive habits through example and encouragement.

So a question to those of you who have been successful with weight loss, how difficult was it?

How much of it was mental? How much was about diet? How much was about exercise?

How can friends that don't have weight issues best support you?

What were the things they did (with the best intentions) that were counter-productive?

submitted by /u/Boondoggie7777
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YW35cO

No comments:

Post a Comment