Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Woman Beginning Weightloss; Looking for advice, tips, tricks, resources, recipes, routines, etc.

Dear Women of this SubReddit, (understand if it is a bit long and don't blame you if you don't want to read the whole thing, but I appreciate all help just the same and Thank you in advance)

Situation: I am in my early 30's and have recently started becoming more aware of the need to lose weight for my health and personal goals. I am 5'8" at somewhere between 220-250 lbs (idk my digital scale is wierd) I don't know what weight goal I should aim for ( I have done multiple attempts at finding this but have gotten mixed results, I think it should be 70- 100lbs, maybe?). I have recently overcome certain obstacles that have been holding me back from exercising more, (I know it sounds weird, and a bit wimpy but ie: dislike of being sore, dislike of being sweaty, etc.). I am also not opposed to trying new foods, though my (and my husband's) eating habits have (up until recently) been less than healthy, (not to sound like an excuse, but limited income has caused some of this and don't know how to change that direction on a budget). I am living in the Finger Lakes area of New York State, so seasonal weather is a thing. I do not have a gym membership, but I don't mind roughing it outdoors a bit (provided I have the gear to withstand it). I also am a substitute teacher (working on becoming a credentialed full time teacher), so my schedule is not always regular. I WANT TO FIND A BALANCE!

Any help (including; advice, tips, tricks, resources, recipes, routines, etc.) on all of these topics is welcome. Below are more descriptions of specific topics:

Workout Routines: I have been really enjoying Natural Body Building, but I am still beginning/novice (ie: incline pushups, no pull ups yet, and sit-ups/curl-ups/crunches confuse me etc). I also got a Ring Fit last year for Christmas, I have recently liked the ability to focus on muscle groups with the Ring Fit. I also try to walk 1+ miles per day, sometimes 2+ and 3+ miles. I was gifted a Fitbit Watch (Charge 3, I think) last year as well, and enjoy doing Fitbit Bingos with my sister and her friends in California (so I can track my heart rate, and a few other stats). I don't really like running, but I'm not opposed to jogging more recently.

Diet/Nutrition: My salary varies because of my work, and my husband has an entry level position, so funds are tight from month to month. I have done some research and try to plan my meals weekly but struggle to vary, and keep up with the planning. Recently we have been going to the farmers markets, to get wholesale organic produce, but living in an area with actual seasons, the weekly farmers market starts in March and ends in October. We have also been trying to use fresh produce, but are not opposed to using frozen on busier days. We use chicken breast most often as a meat product, with the occasional pork and beef products when the price is right. Salmon has also become a favorite in our house (especially with our cat), so we try to have that once a week. I like legumes, but my husband less so, he will have green beans with dinner sometimes, but other than that he doesn't eat them. He also can't have Olive meat (he's allergic, but not to the oil, strange but true) or grapes (juice, flavoring, etc. he's intolerant to it). We both have a bit of a sweet tooth, which can be a problem, so alternative ideas welcome. I like to eat yogurt for breakfast with frozen berries and sometimes carob chips (for that chocolate craving, am I right ladies?) And, fortunately and unfortunately, baking is one of my hobbies, I love it which is also a problem. Both my husband and I enjoy cooking, but I am usually the one to do it because his work can often times be physically demanding and is exhausted when he gets home.

Motivation: I have never really been active, even as a child focusing more on the arts and music rather than sports. I also have, struggled with low confidence and poor body image in the past. In the past I have "tried" to start on the path of weight loss, but usually end up fizzling out. But there are a few things that I am worried about, becoming like my mother (constantly struggling to loose weight, always on the edge of diabetes, yes it is common in my family along with other high probabilities of health problems from both sides), I want to be fit when my husband and I are ready to children, I'm also worried that I won't be able to keep it up when I get a full time position or have children.

Again, Any help (including; advice, tips, tricks, resources (reading or YouTube), recipes, routines, etc.) on all of these topics is welcome. I look forward to reading your advice. I always try to reply to comments, but if I don't make it in time, Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Bake-Plant-Sew
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DFHiF0

No comments:

Post a Comment