Wednesday, October 13, 2021

My weight-loss experiences

Hello all!

My name is John and I recently lost 280 pounds. I stopped weighing myself when my waist was 60". A friend told me I should try to share how I did it with others. Reddit seems like a good place to start.

I picked 1 mental, 1 physical, & 1 dietary habit. I focused on those 3 specific habits 6 weeks straight and changed nothing else about my life. I read that it takes 6 weeks to make a habit become secondary, like blinking or breathing. I had tried everything else with failing results, why not try this out.

What I did first:

Physical Habit: "WALK IT OUT!" by Unk

the first physical habit I focused on was walking: only 5 minutes before and after every time I ate. So, at minimum, I'm walking an hour a day ( 3 meals a day). I worked from home so this was important, for a multitude of reasons, for me to get outside and move. If my 95 yo grandma does it, so can I, then 31.

Dietary Habit: "Drink Water and Don't Be Racist!" - AOC

the first dietary habit was easily the best thing I did. WATER. WATER WATER WATER. I would eat whatever I want, however, I want ... but if I was thirsty it was only water. the fact that it didn't feel like I gave up on any food made sticking with drinking water way easier.

Mental Habit: Insane in the Bedframe

the first mental habit seems almost silly compared to the other two. MAKE YOUR BED. I lived and worked from home, so why bother making your bed? for who? for people that I didn't want over, for dates I wasn't having, for the company I wouldn't want to invite? You gotta do it for yourself. And it's the small things in life that got us all to our weight issues, so, logically it's the only way to get ourselves to overcome those issues is through small changes. Made me feel good at the beginning and end of the day.

I had much more going on in my life, but my weight was always holding me back. I'm happy to have been able to change for a healthier future - and an exciting dating life!

I'm always happy to share more of my weight loss experiences.

I'd post a pic of old/new me but I can't seem to do so

submitted by /u/BlackKracken
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30jADC5

No comments:

Post a Comment