Tuesday, October 5, 2021

How do I stop myself throwing this progress away?

I (36m 5ft9)started at 19st7 at the start of February. I used Noom and started losing weight, often at an average of 4lb per week. I was strict with the program but this exceeded the theoretical weight loss of 2lb per week.

By late June I weighed as low as 13st8. At that time I did 5 -7 hours of high effort cardio/week and in July I was fit enough to run a half marathon in 1:55, this totally exceeded all expectations of what I could achieve - I have been overweight pretty much constantly since my teens and had never ran more than 7 miles in my life. I found the whole thing in many ways to be pretty easy.

As I progressed through Noom, you are allowed more freedom as you move towards a new normal based more on using intuition, mindfulness, fullness cues etc than strict calorie logging. I used these freedoms as an excuse to overeat and have struggled a bit for mental focus and discipline since. My subscription lapsed in August and I have been using other stuff like MyFitnessPal sporadically.

Some changes have stuck, I run 20 miles a week, my main meals are generally healthy and sensibly portioned. I eat breakfast and lots of fruit.

However I am really struggling with cupboard raiding, quite often continuing well beyond the point I am comfortably full. I keep trying to get back on track and be disciplined and I often will manage to healthy in the week but go totally overboard at the weekend.

My weight has gone steadily upwards, I am now at 14st7. Part of me doesn't like that my eating is restricted in any way, and in the moment I find it hard to care about my weight more than the food. Part of me is happy with the weight I am and complacent that if I gain, I can just lose it back.

I would ideally like to continue weight loss and get to a healthy BMI. In reality I know if I continue in this way, I will continue to gain weight, my overfullness and weight gain will hamper my ability to exercise, and I will stop exercising and gain weight rapidly at some point.

How can I refocus and get discipline back? How can I interrupt my overeating?

submitted by /u/disorderedmomentum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uHLeC1

No comments:

Post a Comment