Friday, October 1, 2021

I’m struggling to lose weight even though I do everything right? Advice?

I’m 23F 5’4” and sitting about 145lbs. I’ve been trying to lose weight for a year. Since the beginning of 2021, I have been exercising regularly and 2 months ago ramped it up to a personal trainer that kicks my ass 3 times a week. I go to the gym at 4-5 times a week rarely walking out without burning at least 500 calories. I eat a balanced diet with lots of protein, veggies, healthy carbs and always below my maintenance calories. And since the beginning of the year, I’ve actually put on weight. I credit some of that to the summer and vacations but during the course of June and July put on nearly 8 lbs and it wasn’t like I wasn’t exercising. I maybe ate to my maintenance calories instead of a deficit but still 8 lbs??? Since going back to the gym in August I weighed in at 149lbs my first day and today I’m still only at about 144lbs on a GOOD day although my weigh in at the gym 2 weeks ago was at 146. I do look like I lost a little fat, so maybe I shouldn’t be as concerned about the scale but it eats away at me. I can’t seem to wrap by head around why I am not shedding these pounds. I had bloodwork come back with normal levels of TSH. It’s so hard and frustrating knowing I put in the work but not seeing the scale move. Any advice or similar stories would really help me!

Update: If anyone has anything to add other than it has to be calorie counting, that’s what I want to hear! I know there’s people out there like me that do that already. That track everything they eat that know they’re consistently eating way under their maintenance calories while burning loads of calories at the gym and working your ass off. Its honestly just frustrating to hear over and over it’s my calories because I can assure it’s not. Has anyone cut things from their diets like inflammatory foods/sodium added things to help with their gut, drank a gallon of water, been diagnosed with a condition that makes weight loss hard. THAT is what I’m looking for. Experiences like that and things I can look into. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Snoo_96312
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zXLBJD

No comments:

Post a Comment