Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Is weight loss surgery the way to go?

I am M-24 I have always been overweight, as long as I can remember. I had my daughter in June 2019, and I was 340. By November 2019 I was 350. On November 4th 2019, I started my weight loss. By July 26th, 2020 I was down to 228lbs. I was feeling great, but my goal was 200, and I had a doctor tell me I'd never get there, and that kinda started a shift in me, that I would never make it. I stepped on the scale for the first time this year, a few months ago and I was back to 265. I am currently 270, and literally cannot stand it. I went to a new doctor to discuss options, I really was looking to get in touch with a dietician, or food addiction counselor, but he is pushing weight loss surgery...hard. He keeps telling me that it is the only long term option avaliable, and that it's the only option I have at my size. I went to a seminar, put on by the bariatric department, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the surgery, and benefits.

Has anyone ever had the gastric bypass? Would you recommend it? Has it worked for you? What were the side effects? Did you regain weight?

I am seriously thinking about having it done, but I am struggling, because I feel like I should be able to do it myself, but I also feel like I have shown myself that I can't.

Any advice is welcome!

submitted by /u/WIP-Work_in_Progress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Aj4Mhq

No comments:

Post a Comment