Wednesday, October 6, 2021

(M) How losing 86lbs has influenced and changed my life!

I ended highschool as an 18yo 6'2 330lb football player. After that I fell into a binge eating depression. I would sit around work at the fast food restaurant I was in and eat because it is all I knew. I was self conscious, depressed and just tired of the non stop self pity I had for myself which has no good rewards when you want to find a girlfriend at some point. I changed, I woke up one day after a year of constant eating and working my way up to 382lbs. I had taken a gap year from school and was starting college next fall. I started my weight loss journey in May 2019. I cut soda out of my diet which corresponded to the first 20lbs lost. Then it was the other unnecessary calories, less mayo on a sandwich, cut out some more carbs, increase protein. Eat until satisfied not until I was completely bloated and felt like I had a thanksgiving meal and needed to loosen my belt. I took baby steps into my weight loss journey learning upon the way what things could help me continue losing. I carried on these baby steps implementing walks or occasional visits to the gym for added exercise which was much needed in my very inactive days. I hit bumps in the road and I feel a lot of people do when on a large weightloss journey. Constant plateaus in weight loss that meant I needed to change things again. I haven't been as consistent as I used to be while I fluctuate between 295lbs-315lbs. Even said anything lighter than I used to be is better in my eyes. 2 years after starting this journey I am now 6'4.5(yeah idk how I grew a few inches after high school but it happened) 296lbs and working towards my end goal of 235lbs. I found more motivation recently and have been hitting the gym more than I used to. The idea of weightloss might be intimidating but once I realized that I was just living life under a rock and understood that what I did was excessive it has made things so much easier. I've learned so much across these 2 years that I am excited and motivated to push for that end goal.

Cheers fellow redditors.

submitted by /u/Marsh_mallow1999
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lhXTZp

No comments:

Post a Comment