Friday, October 1, 2021

My personal weight loss journey

5’10”|CW:209|GW:200|SW:266

Hello all, I’ve been part of this subreddit for a long time. I have been using it as inspiration and a way to feel like I’m not alone trying to fight this mental battle of losing weight

In the past I had struggled with many different diets (Keto, Paleo, chicken and broccoli, etc) trying to lose weight over and over again and had succeeded and failed multiple times. 2 years ago I had successfully lost 35 pounds by doing keto, but ended up succumbing to cravings and couldn’t gain control and put all the weight back on and then some

Finally this year 2021, I stepped on the scale, saw 266 pounds and realized that I resented the way I looked in the mirror and decided enough was enough. I had to make a change, started small by just making subtle changes to the diet. Drinking only water, removing fast food from the diet and most importantly, not restricting myself 100 percent from something. I was done with crash dieting

So if I craved a pizza or burgers, instead of ordering out, I would make it using the basic lower calorie ingredients that you could buy at a store (96% lean beaf, thin crust pizza crust, etc) Does it taste as good? No but good enough to satisfy that craving.

I also started to keep a close eye on every gram of food I put into my body by using a food scale and a calorie tracking app and eating at a 1000ish calorie deficit. By doing this I felt like I was in control. And sure 1000 calorie deficit is on the more extreme side but I was determined for a long time

And if I fell off, had a few more calories than I wanted, I wouldn’t let that stop me. I’d just make better choices the next day.

By July I was finally 230 pounds but starting to lose a bit of motivation. I became more lax on the weekends, going out to eat with friends but then tracking during the week what I ate. So I reached a plateau because of my lack of consistency. To help with my lack of motivation, my friend from work and I started lifting and going to the gym very regularly.

This helped me build my confidence up and keep going. I started putting on muscle, I felt stronger, and could see and feel the progress. Finally we reach where I am today and I feel so proud because I have not weighed 209 pounds since I was a freshman-sophomore in high school. I feel more confident, I’m starting build muscle and I’m finally starting to see a different person and not the person I was in January. My goals are changing day in and day out. And it feels so good. And the big reason I’ve decided to make this post is I finally have reached a BMI score of overweight. Im no longer considered obese! Yay! And I’m 9 pounds away from my current goal (I’ve decided to reassess at 200 pounds for the amount of body fat I’ll still have which I think will still be more than I want, and go for a weight of 185)

I hope this post will help someone like all of your posts helped me. and I’m sorry I kind of rambled, but I’m just excited! Thank you for the motivation this year loseit!

progress picture

submitted by /u/Matholiening
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ipIep7

No comments:

Post a Comment