Thursday, October 7, 2021

Over 50's - advice on weight loss?

Hi all, I'm 50 and a bit, was a skinny, lanky child, a healthy young adult going on well into my 30's, then, for want of a better word, curvy (but carried it well, I'm almost 6ft and female) then certain factors (giving up veganism, starting drinking, drinking FAR too much, pandemic, depression etc etc) led to me being very much larger than I can cope with. I was diagnosed with hypertension a while ago and I'm scared of getting diabetes. My mother also has hypertension and struggles with her weight so I can sort of see my future if I don't act now. So...I'm putting together a plan (I'm actually on vacation right now and swimming, albeit slowly, every day for an hour). I've made a menu of mostly vegan dishes that I can see working with my lifestyle and budget, I haven't had a drink in a week (my main problem is an enormous wine gut) and I'm looking forward to getting home and getting started properly. I guess I'm looking for advice and encouragement from older people who have managed to make significant changes to their lifestyle and weight. I'm planning on daily yoga, walking my dog further every day, and walking into work to use my office (even though working from home is still an option), as well as trying the new diet and sticking to sobriety. I appreciate you all, thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Scoutnjw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AhGQe1

No comments:

Post a Comment