Monday, October 18, 2021

Shy girl finds confidence, but still nervous, made an Instagram account

Long story short. I was very fat. Then I got very fit and a lot less fat. But I'm still kinda fat.

So I decided to do that work in the kitchen I had been avoiding, to get off the unsustainable bro foods diet I was on, and really address the issue I had with food: I LIKE THE TASTE. I decided to not work against myself, knowing that whatever "diet" / lifestyle change I chose, it would have to be something I enjoyed, something that tasted really good, while being in a calorie deficit and not making me hungry, was easy, and also allowing myself to have the foods I really enjoyed. Then I "invested" in my weight loss journey, putting in time to build in some accountability by writing articles about weight loss. I don't want to feel like a hypocrite, so I have to be eating the foods I post about.

I made an Instagram account putting on the tips and foods that were working for me. I decided recently to make a push to lose the rest of the weight.

Today I actually showed pictures of myself. Before and after pictures. I know that's not a big deal to most of you, but it's a major thing for me. I don't disclose the fact that I lost weight to people I meet, and generally keep the gym-going a secret, because who wants to hear about that? I've gotten so much push back from the people close to me over losing weight that I generally don't talk about it. I've wanted to post some of the fitness tricks I can do, but haven't because I'm nervous people will just make fun of the fact that I'm still chubby, instead of saying, oh, that's cool she can do that.

What do you think of the progress so far?

I'm feeling some level of cringe, happiness, and motivation.

The pictures are on instagram @ theironpan

submitted by /u/theironpan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vogia9

No comments:

Post a Comment