Sunday, October 3, 2021

Switching from losing to maintaining

Hello everyone I am looking for a little advice from people have been through these steps already! A little background from where I started and where I am now.

I am 30y/o male, 5ft9in with a 2 year old daughter and I work on my feet all day, for an idea of how active I am. After being furloughed for 4 months in March I returned to work in July and it was killing me. I realised I was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life, 14 stone and 7lbs, and that was just one randomly timed weigh-in. My weight loss began on the 7th of July.

I completely changed my diet, I set myself to a 1400 calorie day with 10 'treats' available per day that I could indulge without counting. Small treats such as, 1 crisp = 1 treat or the butter on my fruit loaf, or the ketchup on my dinner, nothing too drastic. To start with I exercised hard, almost every day for a month then stopped due to injury. Now I train 2 times a week, and with work consistently hit 10k steps a day.

As of my last weigh-in day, 28th September, I am 12 stone exactly. This was my initial goal but my new goal is now 11st7lb to make it a clean 3 stone loss. Before this diet I never counted or dieted so I am heading into uncharted territory. I want to maintain the 11st7lbs or potentially increase on it with muscle. I was hoping to have low body fat but I was unsure if this weight is still too heavy. I have a slim frame and have never had much muscle.

TL; DR

Almost at target weight, unsure what to do when I reach there regarding counting calories to maintain, my brain tells me if I exceed my current allowance I will gain

Thank you for your time!

submitted by /u/aMumbles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Ffmw0D

No comments:

Post a Comment