Sunday, October 3, 2021

Weight loss, but is it healthy?

Hi! I'm a very long time lurker and a first time poster. My stats are 36/f SW 250 GW 140 CW 169. I've fluctuated a lot throughout the years but up until I was 28 my weight usually rested around 135-140. My lowest was 105, but I was not healthy. I restricted my eating to about 700 calories and was living in Alaska. Lots of hiking and outdoor socialization. Hiking up a mountain for a weekend getaway was our version of a night at a bar. I didn't end up making it in Alaska, the winters were too much for me. I returned to the North East and fell into bad eating habits. I met my fiance when I was 28 and 120 lbs. During our first two years of dating, I lost 4 close family members. Planning funerals, dealing with severe anxiety and fear I turned to food and alcohol. I gained 120 lbs over the course of a year. I was generally miserable all of the time. My now fiance was always very supportive and loving, weight wasn't on his mind, he even proposed at my heaviest. I stayed heavy for about 7 years. About eight months ago I was tired of struggling to tie my shoes, I suffered a back injury that caused me to lose feeling from my stomach to my toes for a year. Visiting the Dr was a wake up call, morbidly obese, and the health issues that came along with it. I started to focus and count calories, as of today I've lost 90 lbs. Recently bought a food scale and realized that I'm eating a lot less than I've been tracking. It feels so good to be losing weight consistently, but I am concerned about lack of nutrients. My family and fiance are so proud of the weight loss and how I look, I'm just worried that it will stop or I will gain even though I know I'm not eating enough. I guess that's all, just venting. Any advice appreciated. Sorry for the ramble

submitted by /u/walkofjaimo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uyCpug

No comments:

Post a Comment