Wednesday, October 13, 2021

taking the plunge!

Hi!!!

I've been a long-time lurker, and I'm finally ready to take the plunge.

Over the past year, my life was flipped upside down. I developed BN (an ED) and, while it is normally attributed to losing weight, I gained weight rapidly from all the binging (even though I was also purging). Well, I went to rehab a couple months ago and am officially 6 months binge/purge free! I'm so proud of myself :)

I feel like I'm finally in a stable place where trying to incorporate more healthy habits (like running and dieting a lil bit) will not affect my progress in ED recovery. I know in the past, if I tried to diet I would get obsessive and eat practically nothing and then binge and purge on food for the next couple of days. I was in a really bad mindset. I went from a normal healthy weight to obese in probably about a year of BN.

Now, I think that the desire for weight loss is coming from a place of appreciation for my body, not a place of self hatred like the disorder was.

According to my TDEE, I need about 2800 to maintain my weight.

So my plan is to count calories and stay in a range between 1700 and 2300 calories per day. I'm also doing a couch to 5k program in addition to walking my dog multiple times a day, every day and a day of strength training once a week.

I really want to succeed and not fall back into disordered eating habits so I'm going to try my best to be gentle with myself and not go to any extremes to lose weight.

Any advice or words of wisdom is welcome!! Also if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to share!

submitted by /u/anxious-gorl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aAhldG

No comments:

Post a Comment