Sunday, October 3, 2021

The beach 2000-never project. Day 27

Hi everyone,
First and foremost what an amazing sub this is, truly inspiring to read about all your weight journeys. So a typical saying in my friend group is lets get slim for beach 2015, 2016 and so on but it never happens. This year most of us in the group (like many other from what I could read) have put on some extra kgs due to Covid and we have set a goal to get under 100kgs until Christmas as a start.

So after reading around on the this sub I started counting calories and been logging them since 7-sep to keep track so I don't eat more calories than I burn. That have worked amazingly well so far and since I'm a huge fan of Excel its kind of satisfying to fill in the numbers a couple of times a day in the spreadsheet and get an overview on how many calories/kgs that is lost each week.

Since Christmas is two month of and only the first stop on a longer journey I wanted to doublecheck somethings so I'm not doing them incorrectly and creating bad habits from the start. So with all that said here comes what I hope all of you can help me sort out:

From what I could read a calorie deficit on 500-1000/day is the preferable amount to be on for a healthy and sustainable weight loss in the long run. Is it possible to do a week now and then when you go way lower than that, say like 1 week each month? Or will that completely mess up the metabolic system and make it burn less calories than it should in the long run?

I'm using tdeecalculator.net to calculate calories, is that an accurate one? If not which one do you recommend?

So far I have only kept track on calories but since my goal is to start moving around a bit more next week and maybe start some lighter exercises to keep muscle mass I get the feeling that protein, fat and carbs needs to be added to the spreadsheet. Is a 30/35/35% split the way to go? Or do you recommend another split?

The long-term plan is to exercise/move more and more during the journey but instead of buying a gym card that prob. never will be used like usual I'm taking it slow with the training goals this time. If I get so far that training gets a place in my life routine is it protein that's important to increase in the diet to build more muscles? Any recommendations on how to best calculate this?

I have read that you should eat like 5 different meals each day, is it possible to take that number down to 2 (lunch/dinner) and maybe take a shake or something for breakfast/snack instead? Before I got on the bigger side of the scale I usually just ate a big lunch and maybe dinner/breakfast half of the week if the hunger kicked in. Is it reasonable to try to get back to that eating pattern or is it a bad way of eating?

Read somewhere that you should eat after 20:00 is it some truth to that? How does fasting work and is it worth looking into it?

Sorry for the long post and a big thank you to everyone that read it. When you feel that's it rough remember that your journeys is an inspiration to everyone that haven't started their journey yet and for that fact alone you´re amazing!

Have a great Sunday!

submitted by /u/EnvironmentalMoney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DdnbOx

No comments:

Post a Comment